Low Fat Dreamy Creamy Cake
Low Fat Dreamy Creamy Cake is a frozen low fat dessert that would be a perfect end to a summer barbeque or on one of those warm sunny evenings where you want to finish up dinner with something cold and creamy. It would also work well after a 'comfort food' main course. A bit 'fiddly' but worth it!
16 low fat vanilla wafers, finely ground in a food processor
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh orange zest
2 teaspoons light margarine, melted and cooled
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 cup fruit sherbet (your choice of flavour), slightly softened
1 cup nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
Fresh fruit as you wish to garnish (optional)
1. Line a 3 1/2 x 7 1/2-inch (3 1/2-cup) loaf pan with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing a few inches of overhang along the sides.
2. Stir together cookie crumbs, zest, butter, and corn syrup in a small bowl, then press into bottom of loaf pan.
3. Spread sherbet evenly over crumb crust and freeze 30 minutes to harden.
4. While sherbet is freezing, spread slightly soften frozen yogurt evenly over top and freeze again, covered with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 2 hours.
5. Using plastic wrap as an aid, lift frozen cake out of pan, then peel off plastic.
6. Let stand 5 minutes to soften, then cut into slices.
1g Saturated Fat
0g Dietary Fibre
Return from Low Fat Dreamy Creamy Cake to Flat Tummy Home